What are my rights against Orlando’s Red Light Cameras?
- Receiving a citation from an officer is completely different from being ticketed by a red light camera.
- Red light cameras detect movement once the light turns red and take a picture of the license plates on any moving cars as they pass beneath the camera.
- The cameras also observe your speed, so accelerating to catch a yellow light may also yield a ticket, where an officer may let it slide.
- Camera malfunctions are common and can lead to substantially more tickets throughout the city.
- Blurry pictures causing the citation to be associated with the wrong license plate.
- Malfunctioning camera snapping pictures of law-abiding vehicles.
- Without human involvement in generating the citation, it may require a representative from the ticket company to testify in court that the camera was functioning properly. They may not show up.