Traffic tickets are difficult to avoid and costly to pay. Knowing your rights and having an effective traffic ticket attorney are essential in order to avoid fines, especially those associated with red light cameras. Let's start by understanding how red light cameras work:
What are my rights against Orlando’s Red Light Cameras?
- Receiving a citation from an officer is completely different from being ticketed by a red light camera.
- Red light cameras detect movement once the light turns red and take a picture of the license plates on any moving cars as they pass beneath the camera.
- The cameras also observe your speed, so accelerating to catch a yellow light may also yield a ticket, where an officer may let it slide.
- Camera malfunctions are common and can lead to substantially more tickets throughout the city.
- Blurry pictures causing the citation to be associated with the wrong license plate.
- Malfunctioning camera snapping pictures of law-abiding vehicles.
- Without human involvement in generating the citation, it may require a representative from the ticket company to testify in court that the camera was functioning properly. They may not show up.