Practice Areas: Racing On The Highway
Florida Highway Racing Lawyers ◦ Central Florida's Traffic Defense Law Firm
Drag racing or street racing used to be only an infraction under Florida state law, but with the rise in deaths from speeding on the highway, it is now classified as a criminal offense. If you are facing a highway racing charge, you need to turn to a reliable criminal defense attorney. At Skubiak & Rivas, P.A., in Orlando, Florida, our highway racing lawyers provide effective defense representation. Contact us for a free initial consultation.
The penalties you can receive for a highway racing offense can vary from case to case, including:
- Arrest and car impounded
- Sent to jail for up to 3 months and fined up to $1,000
- Mandatory driver's license suspension/revocation for 1 year on 1st conviction
- and 2 years for 2nd and 3rd conviction.
- Cancellation of car insurance/rate increase
- Bystanders are also subject to certain penalties
This relatively new area of Florida law has given rise to a number of unwarranted highway racing charges in an attempt to control other crimes such as drug use. Illegal drug use is a serious social problem that cannot be dealt with through arrest for other crimes.
Contact the experienced highway racing defense lawyers of Skubiak & Rivas, P.A. for a free initial consultation.
We created a resource library to help you fight your Florida Racing Down a Highway charges:
- Multiple Traffic Tickets in Florida
- Volusia Ticket Attorney
- How to Find a Qualified Orlando Traffic Attorney
- Why bother fighting a ticket in Orange County, Fl?
- Finding Daytona Beach traffic ticket lawyer
- Top Orlando Traffic Attorneys
- Why fight traffic ticket in Port St. Lucie?
- Qualified traffic violation lawyers in Seminole County
- Motorcycle Injury in Orlando
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident in Florida
- What are Florida Defenses to Reckless Driving?
- Florida Leaving the Scene of an Accident violation
- Criminal Law Firms in Orlando, Florida