Skubiak & Rivas, P.A. – Orlando Traffic Ticket Attorney
Skubiak & Rivas, P.A., Florida criminal defense attorneys located in Orlando, is devoted exclusively to handling Florida traffic tickets and Florida criminal defense matters.
Let us help you Beat Orlando Speeding Ticket
Before you pay your ticket, contact Orlando speeding ticket attorneys of Skubiak & Rivas, P.A. Since 1993, we have represented thousands of clients in a complete range of criminal and traffic charges, and we are known as Central Florida’s traffic attorneys.
Losing your License: Violation Points
Another way to lose your privilege to drive is to incur too many “violation points” on your license within a certain amount of time. Many common traffic infractions have a point value assigned to them, and a running tally is kept whenever you are ticketed.
Points remain against your driver’s license for three years and can cost you thousands of dollars in higher insurance premiums.
Three-point infractions include:
- Minors driving during restricted hours
- Exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 mph or less
- Curfew violations
- Driving with an open container
- Violating child restraint regulations
Four-point infractions include:
- Driving recklessly
- Moving violations that cause an accident
- Attempting to pass a school bus that has stopped
- Exceeding the posted speed limit by 16 mph or more
- Ignoring traffic control signals or devices
Six point infractions include:
- Leaving the scene of an accident with damage of at least $50
- Speed violations resulting in an accident
Your license may be suspended if you incur the following points:
- 12 points within a 12-month period― 30-day suspension
- 18 points within an 18-month period― three-month suspension
- 24 points within a 36-month period― one-year suspension
Points are given on the date the offense occurs. Driving out of state doesn’t help, either; you’ll accrue the same amount of points on your Florida license for convictions in any state or federal court.