License Suspension vs. License Revocation
Florida Traffic Ticket Attorneys Are Here to HelpOur Florida traffic ticket law firm is devoted exclusively to handling Florida traffic tickets and Florida criminal defense matters. Before you pay your ticket,contact the Florida criminal defense attorneys of Skubiak & Rivas, P.A. Since 1993, we have represented thousands of clients in a complete range of criminal and traffic charges, and we are Orlando’s traffic defense law firm. Contact us for a free initial consultation.
License Suspension vs. License RevocationLicenses in Florida can become suspended (taken away temporarily) or revoked (taken away for a much longer time or even permanently).
License SuspensionYour license can be suspended if you:
- Give false information on a license application.
- Refuse to comply with state laws. This could include failure to pay child support, not stopping for a school bus, not carrying required vehicle insurance, using tobacco if you're younger than 18, or refusing to take a blood alcohol test when suspected of driving under the influence.
- Get a Florida traffic ticket and fail to pay the fine or appear in court.
- Receive point violations. Twelve points in a 12-month period will result in a 30-day suspension, 18 points in an 18-month period will result in a three-month suspension, and 24 points in a 36-month period will earn a 12-month suspension.
License RevocationYour license can be revoked if you:
- Commit a felony or immoral act involving a motor vehicle.
- Drive after drinking or using drugs.
- Do not stay at the scene after your vehicle is involved in an accident that results in personal injury or death. (You will receive an automatic three-year revocation if you kill someone while driving recklessly.)
- Are ticketed three times for reckless driving within one year.
- Are cited for three major traffic offenses or 15 smaller incidents that result in points violations, within a five-year period.
- Racing on the highway.
- Do not meet minimum vision requirements to hold a license.