What are the Penalties for a First Time DUI Offender in the State of Florida?
A DUI arrest can be on of the most unnerving times in someones life. A DUI arrest in the State of Florida can have life-long consequences and should be treated with the utmost attention.
According to Florida DMV, there were 55,722 DUI tickets issued in Florida in 2011. Out of 55,722 DUI tickets issued, 33,625 resulted in a DUI conviction. A DUI conviction may result in jail time, loss of your Florida driver’s license, fines, mandatory classes and insurance rates increases.
Florida Penalties for DUI First Conviction
- Fine – $250 to $500
- Community Service – 50 Hours
- Probation – Not more than 1 Year
- Imprisonment – Not more than 6 Months
- Imprisonment with BAL of .08 or higher with a minor in the vehicle, not more than 9 months
- License Revocation – Minimum of 180 days
- DUI School – 12 Hours
The penalites for a first time DUI offender are severe.
If you are arrested for a DUI, call Skubiak & Rivas P.A. at 407-894-4449 for a free consultation.